Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Art Show

Today I made an art show! The idea first came into my mind when Luke, Gabe, and I were painting. We each entered two paintings, one or two oil pastel drawings, and Luke and I entered one "Random Rambling". Finally, after several days of drawing, gluing, and painting, came the day that we would set up the art show, TODAY! I borrowed my mom's painting easel and a small table and the small chairs that go with it to set up the art show.

And so that they could easily find the art show I made signs with arrows on the computer.
Everyone had their own "station". I was next to the easel,

Luke was next to one of the chairs, and Gabe was behind the table!



We decided that we would sell them for money, but when our mom came in to see the art show she said that our prices were too expensive. (the highest price was $1.50) So instead she suggest that we pay in blocks. Blocks are these little blocks that we have to earn to watch TV, go on the computer, or play video games. We earn blocks by doing thirty minutes of activity. Each block is worth 15 minutes. So we cashed in on that.


Shortly after my mom came back with the bag of blocks, and that's when an "incident" happened and she ran out. If I tell you the incident you'll probably get really grossed out so I'm not going to. So after that I sanitized everything with disinfectant spray and took a shower so she would come back and...... it worked! And she brought dad back with her! All of the paintings sold as soon as they walked in! It was very successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment