Thursday, October 22, 2009

Babysitting

Oh, the joys of babysitting. Babysitting is either so great or so terrible. I've never babysat anyone but my siblings. Usually I baby set with the help of my older brother. But sometimes I end up having to babysit him! Usually we just babysit the three babys, with the youngest one asleep. We can't babysit my oldest younger brother because he is very wild. We've never babysat for more than three hours, so I think it should be referred to as baby babysitting. Usually when I babysit my parents go on lunch dates. (with my wild little brother.) But a few days ago they decided to have their lunch date at home and make all of us stay away from the kitchen. I hated that. I would rather babysit then have to stay completely away from the kitchen at lunch time!!

Babysitting is super crazy when your little brother is potty training. Luckily he's done potty training now but he wasn't then! Even though he's done potty training he still doesn't like to wash his hands. How gross!!!

Here are a few babysitting tips I've learned.

  • Put on a movie. They might fall asleep!
  • If you put on a movie pop popcorn. It makes a nice snack.
  • Play a game like, Duck Duck Goose, or something less wild like Quiet Mouse Still Mouse.
  • If they start to cry rub their head.
  • If they are bad don't do time out, tell them you'll tell their mommy or daddy.
That's all I have to say! See ya later!

4 comments:

  1. Very wise babysitting tips! Especially the one about rubbing their heads when they cry and popping popcorn to eat as a snack!! Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left off the tip about calling your parents over and over again while they are on their date to tattle on your big brother. Not my favorite tip, but it is one you like to use alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you sound like a pretty creative babysitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I learned that if you forget the movie- No sleeping when it's time for bed plus, a lot of hurt feelings. From my babysitting times.-Mary Erin Campbell

    ReplyDelete